How to install the new SensorGnome software
- MicroSD card with at least 16 GB (we recommend 32 GB, but more is also fine).
- A computer with Windows/Mac OS/Linux.
- MicroSD card adapter and an SD card reader (most MicroSD cards come with an adapter).
- A Raspberry Pi 2, 3, 4, or Zero 2 W.
- 1.Insert the MicroSD card into the adapter and then in to the SD card reader.
- If you’re using an external SD card reader, plug it in to your computer!
- 2.Locate the latest SensorGnome software release and unzip it. It should contain a single ‘.ISO’ file.
- 3.Open the Raspberry Pi Imager software, click on ‘Choose OS’, and navigate to the latest software that you just unzipped.
- 4.After selecting the software, click on ‘Choose Storage’ and select the drive which corresponds to the SD card you plugged in.
- 5.Click ‘Write’. If the card is not empty, you will get a warning saying that all data will be erased. If you are okay with this, click ‘OK’. Once writing and verification is complete, you will be prompted to remove the card.
- 6.Ensure the Raspberry Pi is powered off and then insert the microSD card into the card slot and power it on.
- 7.When booted, you should see a Wi-Fi network appear that is named after the device serial number. Connect to this network (no password is required) and then open a browser and navigate to: https://192.168.7.2:88/
- 8.You will be prompted to enter a password for the Wi-Fi, a name for the device (should be based on it’s deployment location), and a password for the device. We recommend using the same password for the device and Wi-Fi for simplicity, but feel free to make them different.
- 9.Once you submit the form, the Wi-Fi will be reconfigured and you will need to reconnect to a new version of the Wi-Fi, albeit with the suffix “ 2” added to the name and a password this time which is what you entered in the form previously.
- 11.Here you will be prompted for a username and password (username is always ‘gnome’); enter the password you set for the device previously.
- 12.After logging in you will be presented with dashboard with several ‘tabs’ at the top. These include:
- Overview: selected by default
- Files: download data here
- Network: Check or configure internet connection here
- Config: Set the SensorGnome name and password here. Also enter your Motus credentials here if internet connected.
- Software: check software version and update it. Also download logs here.
- 1.On the web interface, select the ‘Network’ tab.
- 2.Under the ‘Wi-Fi Client’ widget, click the pencilicon and edit the following inputs:
- 1.SSID: the name of the Wi-Fi network (must match exactly)
- 2.Passphrase: The Wi-Fi network password.
- 3.Click the green check markonce finished. You should see the status in the same widget change from ‘DISCONNECTED’ to ‘ASSOCIATING’ and then to ‘CONNECTED’. At the same time, the three widgets at the top left should read (from left to right) ‘OK’, ‘OK’, and ‘wifi’.
4. Next, select the ‘Config’ tab.
5. Under the “Sensorgnome Information” widget, click the pencil
icon and edit the following inputs:
- Upload username: your Motus username.
- Upload password: your Motus password.
6. Click the green check mark
once finished. You should see the ‘Motus login’ status to the left read ‘OK’.
7. If any data exist on the SensorGnome, you can upload it now by selecting the ‘Files’ tab and clicking the ‘Upload’ button.
Congratulations, you have successfully connected your SensorGnome to the internet!